Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Ice Cream!

Possibly the best thing about Charlottesville, Virginia, has presented itself to us, and we completely neglected to take photos...

Chap's Ice Cream!


So I stole this mock-up from a local newspaper's website, illustrating the new storefront.

We had our seasonal ice-cream-for-dinner-date, complete with a chocolate malted and cheesecake/cherry vanilla scoops, and boy oh boy was it awesome. Maybe it was the fitting Mardis Gras coincidence, maybe it was the icy night air, maybe it was the retro interior. Whatever it was, we really enjoyed ourselves.

And to prove to you all just how good it was, I guess we can convince ourselves to return and take some photos. While we sip a chocolate milkshake. Mmmmmmm!

[ETA on 2/25: Apparently we're not the only ones who love Chap's]

1 comment:

  1. Cool! This looks like a place that might even have Dr. Brown's Cel-Ray soda! I notice that their menu lists "New York Egg Cream", which always fascinates me, since it contains neither egg nor cream!
    Continue to date each other, by the way. It's extremely important.

    ReplyDelete